Take advantage of the wonderful Spring light by taking The Natural Light workshop hosted by Beth Ross. Here is your chance to learn new techniques from Beth who is well known throughout the photography community with her incredible use of natural light both indoors and out. Whether you are among the seasoned pros or a happy hobbyist, we could all use a few “tricks of the trade” to be better at backlight and window light.
* positioning your subject to get optimal light
* using a reflector
* finding flattering shadows
* learning to embrace and love shadows
* shooting with a high ISO
* backlighting with window light
* how to achieve rim lighting
* focusing on outside backlighting
* backlighting under an open sky
* how to capture haze and flare
During this mini workshop, you will recieve two very detailed natural light lessons. Each lesson will be followed by an assignment where you can put to use the techniques you learned in each lesson. You will also have access to supplemental videos for each lesson where you can watch techniques being used. Beth will be present on the private forum each weekday to guide you through the process and answer any questions you might have as well as provide detailed critque on your assignment images. At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a PDF that includes both lessons and a link to download the videos.
1. This workshop is for forum members only therefore you must be a member of the forum to take the workshop. To become a member, just go HERE and click on join us at the top to sign up. As always, these workshops sell out extremely fast so if you want to sign up for it, do not wait until the day of registration to do so.
2. The workshop will run from Monday, March 26th – Monday, April 9th.
3. 20 active seats will be available at $200.00 per seat.
4. 20 silent/read-a-long seats will be available at $150.00 per seat. Silent/read-a-long seats will receive all the info, PDFs and download links but just cannot post in the workshop section.
5. The private mini-workshop information will be available for one month after the workshop ends.
6. All student will receive access to the After The Workshop Ends private forum to continue discussing the workshop with their peers.
7. Registration will open up inside the forum (in the MINI WORKSHOP section) on Monday, March 12th at 10:00 a.m. CST.
You can read more about this wonderful workshop over at our mini workshop page as well as see some more of Beth’s beautiful images. Also make sure you take a peek at her blog to view her stunning images as well as her website.
That’s it….as always, please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!