Come and join Beth Ross as she hosts The Natural Light mini workshop! This workshop is for the photographer who is comfortable shooting in manual mode, but struggling with natural light. This workshop focuses primarily on window light and backlight. Beth will help you learn and understand natural light in a way that you have never looked at it before. You will learn to find and embrace shadows and directional light. You will also learn how to achieve rim light and dreamy haze. Now is the perfect time to learn about natural light and the beauty that it can bring to your portraits. Take advantage of this AMAZING Summer light to learn how to:
* positioning your subject to get optimal light
* using a reflector
* finding flattering shadows
* learning to embrace and love shadows
* shooting with a high ISO
* backlighting with window light
* how to achieve rim lighting
* focusing on outside backlighting
* backlighting under an open sky
* how to capture haze and flare
During this mini workshop, you will receive two very detailed natural light lessons. Each lesson will be followed by an assignment where you can put to use the techniques you learned in each lesson. You will also have access to supplemental videos for each lesson where you can watch techniques being used. Beth will be present on the private forum each weekday to guide you through the process and answer any questions you might have as well as provide detailed critique on your assignment images. At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a PDF that includes both lessons and a link to download the videos.
1. This workshop is for forum members only therefore you must be a member of the forum to take the workshop. To become a member, just go HERE and click on join us at the top to sign up.
2. The workshop will run from Monday, June 11th – Monday, June 25th.
3. 15 Active seats will be available at $200.00 per seat.
4. 15 Silent/read-a-long seats will be available at $150.00 per seat. Silent/read-a-long seats will receive all the info, PDFs and download links but just cannot post in the workshop section.
5. The private mini-workshop information will be available for one month after the workshop ends.
6. All student will receive access to the After The Workshop Ends private forum to continue discussing the workshop with their peers.
7. Registration is now open up inside the forum (in the MINI WORKSHOP section).
You can read more about this workshop over at our mini workshop page as well as see some more of Beth’s beautiful images. Also make sure you take a peek at her blog to view her stunning images as well as her website.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop content, please email Beth directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions, email Bloom at email@example.com